A fantastic oven repair service in Nottingham!
A faulty oven is not only capable of releasing harmful chemicals into the air, but you should also be aware that nearly 2/3 of household fires start while cooking! These dangers cannot be ignored, and the best way to prevent them from becoming harmful is to be mindful of the warning signs and to take care every time you cook.
The oven is one of the most frequently used appliances in the home, but are you aware of the dangers of a faulty oven? Across the country, people are putting themselves at risk because they aren’t aware of the life-threatening consequences of a dangerous oven. All it takes to put your mind at ease is a quick and free repair consultation over the phone and we can help you prevent any accidents from occurring!
This blog post aims to raise awareness of the warning signs which indicate your oven may be faulty, as well as explaining how these can be dangerous. Hopefully we can reduce the number of accidents that occur in people’s homes across the nation!
The most dangerous aspect of a faulty gas oven is the potential for toxic carbon monoxide emissions. This colourless, odourless gas is sometimes referred to as the ‘silent killer’, and hospitalises as many as 200 people every year in the UK.
Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when an oven’s ventilation is inhibited or damaged. Instead of allowing oxygen in to dilute the harmful gas, a faulty oven instead emits carbon monoxide out into your kitchen, creating a potentially deadly situation. If you have pets, they are likely to succumb to these risks before humans. So even if your oven is not yet a risk to you, it may well still prove dangerous to any pets (or very young children) in your home.
There are a number of important warning signs to look out for, such as yellow or orange flames on the hob, dark sooty staining around the cooker, the flame on your cooker frequently going out and any damage or splitting of the seal on the inside of the door.
In addition, if you think your pets are suffering from any of the following symptoms they may be suffering from carbon monoxide exposure: vomiting, cough, flu like symptoms, loss of exercise stamina, disturbances in gait, depression, lethargy and sleepiness. If this is true of your pets, then action such investing in a carbon monoxide sensor or contacting an oven repair service should be taken immediately.
Avoiding Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
You should always open the door to the grill every time you use it, because this allows oxygen in, preventing the buildup of the harmful carbon monoxide gases. If your oven stops the gas flow as soon as you open the door then this doesn’t apply to you, it does mean however you need to be careful not to block any of the ovens ventilation, as this is essential in the prevention of carbon monoxide emissions.
The inside of the oven must be kept clean of combustible materials. When we are called out on a oven repair job around Nottingham, we often find that the customer’s oven is very dirty. In most cases, the customers were not aware of the dangers that this causes. Luckily we are an oven cleaning company too, so a solution is never far away.
Be sure to get your ignition button checked if it ever shows signs of being faulty. Lighting an oven with a naked flame can be very dangerous, or you can allow the oven to fill with gas before the ignition button finally works, creating an explosion. If you are unsure whether your oven is presenting any of these indicators, you and your family could be at risk! Make sure you contact an oven repair service in Nottingham immediately.
While electric ovens don’t have the same risk of causing carbon monoxide poisoning, a recent case shows that they can still be a fatal hazard if the correct care is not taken.
The main danger with an electric oven is the possibility of an electric fire. A good indicator that it might be faulty is when the oven turns itself off, or if it ever blows the fuse in your kitchen. In addition to this, some electric ovens have been reported to turn themselves on. If this ever happens in your home, then you could be at a serious risk, so get your oven fixed immediately!
Not only do we offer oven repair services but we also provide domestic oven cleaning too. Call us today to get your oven back to pristine condition and keep you and your family out of harm!